- De Sousa, I., Varcoe, C. (2021). “Centering Black feminist thought in nursing praxis”. Nursing Inquiry, e12473. doi.org/10.1111/nin.12473
- Crosschild, C., Huynh, N., De Sousa, I., Bawafaa, E., & Brown, H. (2021) “Where is critical analysis of power and positionality in knowledge translation?”. Health Research Policy and Systems Journal. 19, 92 (2021). doi.org/10.1186/s12961-021-00726-w
- Lauck, S., Lewis, K., Borregaard, B., & De Sousa, I. (2021) “What is the right decision for me?” Integrating patient perspectives through shared decision-making for valvular heart disease therapy. Canadian Journal of Cardiology. 10.1016/j.cjca.2021.02.022.
- De Sousa, I. & Woodward, S. (2016). The Glasgow Coma Scale in adults: Doing it right. Emergency Nurse. 24. 33-39. 10.7748/en.2016.e1638.
- De Sousa, I. (2016). Thrombectomy in acute ischaemic stroke and the implications for nursing practice. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 12. S28-S31. 10.12968/bjnn.2016.12.Sup5.S28.
- De Sousa, I. (2016). Developing an outpatient nurse-led stroke clinic in hospital: part 2. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 12. 75-79. 10.12968/bjnn.2016.12.2.75.
- De Sousa, I. (2016). Developing an outpatient nurse-led stroke clinic in hospital: Part 1. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 12. 10.12968/bjnn.2016.12.1.10.
- De Sousa, I. (2012). Steps toward change: foot care in the stroke patient with diabetes. British Journal of Neuroscience nursing. 8. 327. 10.12968/bjnn.2012.8.6.327.
- Wytenbroek, L., De Sousa, I., Hussein, T., Nguyen, K., Chiao, A. T.-H., Moeller, B., & Moffatt, M. (2022, February 28). Black History Month 2022 : Celebrating the contributions of Black nurses to healthcare. http://dx.doi.org/10.14288/1.0421283
- Flynn, K., De Sousa, I., Dordunoo, D. & Wytenbroek, L. (2021, February 25) Black (in)Visibility: Black nurses in Canada who paved the way. https://open.library.ubc.ca/cIRcle/collections/historyofnursinginpacificcanada/46624/items/1.0398203
- Dordunoo, D., De Sousa, I., Bawafaa, E. & Ojerinde, C. (2020) The Decade for People of African Descent. Issues Summary Nurse and Nurse Practitioners of British Columbia. https://www.nnpbc.com/pdfs/policy-and-advocacy/issues/IB-Decade-for-People-of-African-Descent.pdf
- De Sousa, I. & Bawafaa, E. (2020). Black History Month: A recognition of black nurses’ contributions to healthcare in Canada and the world. https://gradnursing.sites.olt.ubc.ca/files/2020/02/Black-History-Month.pdf
- De Sousa, I. (2017) Keep up to date with the huge improvements in stroke treatment. Nursing Standard. https://rcni.com/nursing-standard/opinion/comment/ismalia-de-sousa-keep-to-date-huge-improvements-stroke-treatment-119716
- De Sousa, I. (2016). O papel do enfermeiro especialista em AVC num hospital de Londres: uma realidade distante ou proxima da portuguesa?. Nursing Portugal.https://www.nursing.pt/o-papel-do-enfermeiro-especialista-em-avc-num-hospital-de-londres-uma-realidade-distante-ou-proxima-da-portuguesa/
- De Sousa, I. (2020). An anti-racist and anti-discriminatory intersectional tool for nursing. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 16(Sup5), p.S3-S5. doi.org/10.12968/bjnn.2020.16.Sup5.S3
- De Sousa, I. (2019). Annual Imperial Thrombectomy Symposium: a review. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 15(Suppl 5), S26. 10.12968/bjnn.2019.15.Sup5.S26
- De Sousa, I. (2018). These are exciting times in stroke care. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 14. S3-S3. 10.12968/bjnn.2018.14.Sup2.S3.
- De Sousa, I. (2018). UK Stroke Forum Conference 2017. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 14. S20-S21. 10.12968/bjnn.2018.14.Sup2.S20.
- De Sousa, I. (2017). The loss of EU nurses has huge implications for patients and the NHS. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 13. 158-158. 10.12968/bjnn.2017.13.4.158.
- De Sousa, I. (2016). European Stroke Conference 2016: have we forgotten the ‘old kid’?. British Journal of Neuroscience Nursing. 12. S32-S32. 10.12968/bjnn.2016.12.Sup5.S32.
- De Sousa, I. (2015). How well are we performing? An update on the quality of stroke care. British Journal of Neuroscience nursing. 11. 294 – 295. 10.12968/bjnn.2015.11.6.294.